Registered mental health counselor Intern
Hello and welcome. My name is Sabrina Mendizabal. I have a Master's Degree in Clinical Mental Health, and I am currently working towards my licensure. I have worked with survivors of domestic violence and sexual abuse. Further, I have treated individuals suffering from different disorders such as addiction, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and schizophrenia. I have had the opportunity to provide crisis intervention on a psychiatric unit. Lastly, I have enjoyed working with couples, families and groups. I am compassionate, empathetic and client-centered. My worldview is founded in Biblical principles. I believe one’s complete healing encompasses the spirit, soul and body as we are a triune being.
I am passionate about guiding my clients towards freedom from areas in which they struggle. Through life’s circumstances, many of us begin to feel stuck, helpless and hopeless, which hinders us from reaching our fullest potential. While working through areas of emotional pain may be overwhelming, the freedom gained is by far greater.
We all have our own unique identity, potential and destiny. In order to connect the three, we must break away from negative thinking, harmful self-talk and unhealthy behaviors. As we become more aware of our true self, we are able to activate our identity. FREEDOM is truly beautiful.
Therapy Provided: Individual, Group, Families, Couples
Ages Seen: Adolescents, Young Adults, Adults
Specializes In: Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Relational Conflicts, Adjustment Disorders, Trauma Disorders, Eating Disorders, Substance Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Domestic Violence
- Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern License No. IMH 14404 , Licensing Supervisor: Dr. Yaro Garcia
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Florida Gulf Coast University (CACREP Accreditation)
- B.A. Psychology: Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence: Core Competency Advocacy Training
- Florida Coalition Against Sexual Violence Advocacy Training
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors
- Member of American Mental Health Counselors Association
Contact: (941) 249-4354 ext. 8